[Ansteorra-archery] Report from the Kingdom Archery Marshal...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jun 10 08:40:15 PDT 2005

Good Morning Archers and Marshals of Ansteorra,

  I have been in discussions with many different marshals through the
  known world and would like to propose some changes to our Kingdom
  rules that are in the process of being rewritten. Before I get down
  to the nitty-gritty of putting them in a document, I wanted to receive
  feedback from our archers and marshals. Basically I'm looking at going
  towards Gulf War standards. This involves the following as an overview
  for our standards but I think they are towards the better:

General:
- Move from 15' minimum to 10' minimum range

Ammo:
- Final date for all wood shafts as 12/31/2005
- Allow Fiberglass shafted ammo
  - Heads: Classic Baldar and 1" padded UHMW
  - APDs: 100+PSI Siloflex and Asgard
- Phase out gulf tubes
- Allow siloflex tubes
  - Heads: Tennis ball and 1" padded rubber stopper (Omarad)

Bows:
- Allow shafted bows to 30lb draw
- Allow shafted crossbows to 600IP with 75lb maximum draw
- Allow tube bows to 40lb draw
- Allow tube crossbows to 800IP with 90lb maximum draw

  In summary Ansteorra will be removing wood/golftube shafts and the 15'
  range while adding siloflex and 800IP crossbows.

  As many archers are aware, there is a wonderful event called Academy
  of the Bow. This is a place where are artisans, instructors and
  archers can shine and share their information. While this is something
  that we do not have to have every year, we should have it at least
  every other year. We just had one last year, so if there are any
  seriously interested in hosting it this year, please contact myself
  with your inquiry or bid information. Next year I will be pushing for
  one.

  Another place that I would like to encourage these people to shine is
  the upcoming Fall Arts Symposium being held in the Barony of Bryn
  Gwlad. This symposium is meant to have very in depth classes that can
  be up to a full day long. I would like to encourage those who are able
  to teach such things as bow making, period fletching, and historical
  information to contact the organizers immediately. Please contact the
  Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences for more details.

In Service,
Master Phelim Gervase called Pug

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "What about your Gods?
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   They're Defective!