[Ansteorra-archery] the future ??

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:40:05 PDT 2005

Well said, HL Eadric, well said. It is too easy for people to forget that
these are not just titles that people win at our archery tournaments, they
are championships and have certain responsibilities. That is the reason that
most have some sort of bow-out in the final rounds. An archer may prove
his/her ability without question and still maintain their honor if they have
concerns that they may not be able to uphold those responsiblities.

It was not unusual for a lord to have fealty to more than one superior, in
the times which we choose to represent, however in most cases, those
consisted of a Baron or similarly titled lord, and a Crown. If the two came
into conflict usually the wise person chose the sure bet which was usually
the Crown. If one owed fealty to two lesser lords, it could cause
difficulties that the Crown would be called on to resolve.

Yes it is a game that we play, but most of us play it because of the values
are something that are important to us; honor being chief among them. To be
a winning archer takes very little honor, just a steady eye and a keen hand
with the bow... but to be a champion....honor, integrity, loyalty, courage.
Such are the true measure of those who truly win in this organization, not
the number of victories on a list by their name.

Lady Lyneya de Grey
Arcarius to Jaque the Spink