[Ansteorra-archery] response - Congratulations, it's a bow

David Ruff dmruff1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 19:20:21 PST 2005

I know i have been learning to make fiberglass prods
for crossbows that are 30 to 36" span and resemble
mini modern recurves they draw upto 180lb for the bows
i make. They have held up nicely and are not hard to
create. The press/jig is easy to make. The process is
not that much differnet to make a recurve or even a
laminate longbow - i am told, and laying the glass and
such is not real hard on the crossbow prods.

All that said i would be more then happy to pass on
the knowledge i have aquired to a bowyer if they want
to modify it and teach it to the archery community, i
have been itching to make a recurve but just am to
chicken to try it - yet.

I am told i am going to warlord this year so im
packing up a few crossbows if i can find any around
here and would be happy to discuss with anyone wanting
the info to teach it.

David
Ulrich of Caroligia
davidsbox01 at yahoo.com