[Ansteorra-archery] Steppes Warlord XXXII

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 08:49:14 PST 2005

To the Archers and all those interested in Archery in our Fair Kingdom, do I
bid you good day and bring to you this news.

On the weekend of May 27-30 in the town of Canton, TX, will be the
Thirty-second Steppes Warlord. This year we will have, in addition to the
Steppes Archer competition, our Bowman's Tournament, open to those of age 13
and older with Royal Round Averages less then 45 and having never won a
championship tournament. We will also have our Children's Tournament for
those 12 and under, and our William Tell shoot. We are also trying to fit in
a period equipment only shoot. We have a sponsor interested, but are still
working out details. More on that to follow.

There is a new award being given this year to be voted on by the archers and
marshals of the Bowman's and Championship competitions. The Silver Arrow of
the Steppes is being given to the Archer or Marshal who best exhibits the
chivalric virtues of Honor, Grace, Courtesy, Humility, Loyalty, and
Generosity. There will be pass-down regalia and a scroll given with this
award. It is my opinion that these qualities should not be limited to the
Knights alone and that we should all strive to live them as part of this
Society we participate in.

Please plan on joining us in Canton!

Lady Linet Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal, Steppes