[Ansteorra-archery] We Have A Winner

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Thu May 5 22:01:01 PDT 2005

Regarding the lack of participation in the challenge shoot, oh well, we'll
just spend the 200 bucks on targets. Gilli's a tad prone to letting
dissappointment turn into frustration. I'm dissappointed as well, but still hopeful. We've
got some very good archers out there in the kingdom, and still plenty time
left in the season to shoot scores that'll make Ansteorra competitve once more.

Speaking of scores, I'm sure y'all noticed that ours weren't up to their
usual standard. That's due in part to something Gilli hasn't mentioned. We spent
the entire first half of Sunday marshalling the range for other folks. Oh we
were chomping at the bit to get shooting, but at the same time more than happy
to put our own stuff on the backburner so everyone of the considerable crowd
that turned out could get their fill first. Most productive, it was the first
"for score" shoot for some of our up and coming children's division archers, and
at the same time a handful of our friends from down south in Bryn Gwlad got a
chance to shoot their "away scores". After a short lunchbreak, it was nose to
the grindstone time, with Gilli, Edward, Randall, and I each shooting
multiple scores in multiple divisions, completing our final round quite literally as
the sun sank below the horizon. Why were our scores lower than usual? Well, in
my unscientific opinion, we were bloody tired! Still, it was a weariness any
true archer would be proud of. All in all a good day, no, a great day.

Cheers all,
Robert of Yorkshire