[Ansteorra-archery] Re: We Have A Winner - changing gears andaquestion

Darcy HLDarcy at HOT.rr.com
Fri May 6 16:20:35 PDT 2005

I have been reading with great interest the replies to Gilli and Robert's Competition.

My opinion is this:  If you want different rules, then sponser your own competition.  The May 1st Challenge Shoot was a privately sponsored competition.  The rules were set by the people sponsoring it.  No one was forced to enter it.

Personally, I think the more competitions the more incentive for archers to improve.  And don't give me any B*ll about competition not being important.  If it wasn't, we wouldn't keep scores and have tourney winners.

For people who had events on the weekend of the May 1st Challange or have trouble getting the use of an archery range, those are perfectly legitimate reasons for not entering.  What about the rest of the Archers?

Darcy