[Ansteorra-archery] An offer to anyone who dares take it.

Ironwyrm hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 22:16:16 PDT 2005

David Ruff <davidsbox01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Text snipped -

You question my ability to shoot without sights. Would you care to challenge that on the field? or infront of a crowd? I would be happy to prove my ability with a sightless crossbow if your questioning it in a friendly test of skill.

What say you?

Lord Ulrich,

I have no desire to become embroiled within the banter of this
string which I had been following with a certain level of disgust,
however I do love a real contest of skill.

Was this a private challenge against a crossbowman half your
skill level or an open challenge "to anyone who dares take it"?

Admittedly my own skill with crossbow is not quite up to your
RR scores but I would be willing to pick up the gauntlet you
have tossed.

Unless of course you care to withdraw the challenge I believe
the choice of place and time to be mine.  We have already
discussed the situation at Steppes Warlord privately, so I'm
sure you shall understand my reason for not choosing that
event.  So I would suggest Moonshadowe Guardian in the fall.
The event needs all the champion archers of Ansteorra it can
muster to attend and compete within it's yeoman tournament,
and holding the contest there would also help defend the
archery title from northern invaders whom wish to sack all the
shire's championship titles and carry them away from our fair
land of Ansteorra!

What say ye?

Ironwyrm

HL William Blackdragon