[Ansteorra-archery] RE: free points in royal round - write up on matching

Travis J. luminosow at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 09:07:44 PDT 2005

Greetings Ulrich, long time no see!

Thank you for that write up; I have a few question.

1.
"I will also dress the ends for a final roughing up to grab the string."
Could you explain what you are talking about there?

2.
The first time I made my own bolts, I put a wood sealer on them, and they
tended to 'stick' to the crossbow and the string would tend to jump over the
bolt, and the bolt would only fly about 10 feet.  Once I figured out what
was happening I had to sand the bottom of the bolts down to bare wood again.
  What exact type of sealer are you using?

3.
Do you melt down the shot?  How do you get the shaft good and centered with
something inside the tip? Cut part of the tip off after shaving it, and
before weighing?

Lord Lughaidh Mac Sheóinín (Louie)