[Ansteorra-archery] Bow making suppliers

Terry Varner tdv250 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 25 12:40:32 PDT 2005

And at Rudderbows he offers a reasonable discount for 5 bow staves or more.

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com wrote:Friends, archers, bowyers,
I've mentioned them before, but I have no problem putting in another plug
for some honest merchants. Two web sites you will definitely want to check out
is
www.rudderbows.com
and
www.buildabow.com
Check out the floor tillered hickory staves. They've already picked out a
good piece of wood for you. They've already knocked out the hard work by doing
75-80 per cent of the shaping, to include cutting in string nocks. All that
for thirty bucks, or roughly the price of a 20 lb. fiberglass kid's bow.
A "purist" would sneer, and call it cheating to go that route. But I'm here
to tell you, a 75-80 per cent rough shaped stave is still a good ways from
being a finished bow, so it'll still be uniquely yours when you're done. If
you're scared you'll waste money buying a piece of wood, only to find later it's
unsuitable, or if you're not very well equipped to do woodworking, then by all
means consider one of these.
If you're really a klutz (yes, some of us are), but still crave a nice
wooden bow without completely breaking the bank, go to www.rudderbows.com and
check out the "U-finish" bows. Holy Longbow Batman!

Cheers,
Robert of Yorkshire

Tegwared McAuley (mka Terry Varner)
Loch Ruadh Archery Marshall