[Ansteorra-archery] BOWYERTHON '05

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Fri May 27 02:55:20 PDT 2005

My Lords and Ladies,
  Bowyerthon '05 will begin on the afternoon of Friday, June 3rd. That's only
a week from today!
  To prevent any misunderstandings, I want to reiterate some items I've
already covered, and add in some other information you may find useful.
  -Financing: This get together is FREE, entirely, completely, free. There's
absolutely no way that I could provide you tools and materials without
charging you for it, so obviously this seminar is B.Y.O.S. (bring your own stuff). If
you show up empty handed, you'll most likely leave the same way.
  -Skills: This is not a class in basic woodworking. If you don't already
have at least some skill in cutting/carving wood, you are NOT ready to learn
bowmaking. That may sound harsh, but it's as honest as is gets. I don't want
anyone suffering frustration, or possibly even injury, by taking on more than they
can handle.
  -Safety: I am a certified First Aid instructor, and the sight of blood
doesn't faze me a bit, so I'll cheerfully patch you up should you cut yourself.
However, if you need stitches, tetanus shot, etc., you're on your own. So please
pay attention to the safety rules that will be thoroughly briefed prior to
anyone commencing work.
  -Clothing: This is not an SCA event, so no need to fuss with garb for the
bowmaking. Cool, comfortable work clothes are the order of the day. However, if
you wish to shoot for score Sunday, please be aware that we conduct all
archery practices in garb here, and pack accordingly.
  ~NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF!~
  -Food: If you're on a diet, Gilli's going to wreck that for you. If you
walk away hungry it's your own fault, and there's no feast fee.
  -Extra Archery Classes: Time and instructors permitting, we will also be
teaching bow string making, fletching, etc.. Again, this is B.Y.O.S., so if you
plan on making a batch of arrows, you'll need to bring your own shafts,
fletching, and stuff, but we've got the fletching jigs covered.
  -Extra extras: Robin Hood movie marathon, domestic arts, et cetera, et
cetera

For contact information, directions, and such, please visit Gilli and Darcy's
Burkhaven website at:  http://home.hot.rr.com/burkhaven/

See you at Bowyerthon!
Robert of Yorkshire