[Ansteorra-archery] We Have A Winner

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 04:22:01 PDT 2005

I beg your pardon. I see no reason whatsoever for insults or vulgar
language. We chose not to participate for a variety of reasons including
participating in a local event and our Central Regional War practice. Some
of our archers participated in Dragon's Fire Tor's Bear Pit on Saturday and
were quite sore on Sunday, and serving our Kingdom through War Practice is
hardly sitting on one's .....behinds. In addition, our local practice site
is limited to size and the amount of time that we can use it as it belongs
to a local college. If they or their students want to use it, we are to let
them have it. It does not lend itself, therefore to all day events.

We have a broader emphasis, here in the Steppes, than on high scores. We
value service and support for our local groups even more. If that makes us a
little bit lower on the scoreboard, so be it, but it does make us better
members of the Society. Steppes Archers have proven their abilities in the
past and have nothing to be ashamed of. Just look at the list of Royal
Huntsmen or the Royal Round Standings. Our archers are up there often.
Saying that they are sitting on their behinds because they chose not to play
your game is not only insulting, it is just plain rude and uncalled for. The
same with other groups that could not or would not participate for whatever
reason.

In Service to Steppes, Ansteorra, and the Dream,

Lyneya de Grey
Steppes Archery Marshal