[Ansteorra-archery] Re: We Have A Winner - changing gears andaquestion

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 17:43:27 PDT 2005

Oh don't get me wrong, i wasn't suggesting different rules. I was suggesting a different way to help baronies get the loaner equipment - whether a barony wins it, or it is made and distributed - whatever. The means to the end is the same - or atleast in my lil german brain.

Heck i give gilli BIG kudos for doing what he is doing. One day soon i aim to do the same with crossbows. I guess we all have the same end result - more shooters, more scores, more fun. But there are many differnet roads to that end - none of which are the right way. Thats merely controlled by the person with the money - and rightfully so.

I shot for prize money for many years, believe me i am well aware who makes the rules when a competition is announced hehehe. I was only offering a suggestion if gear and lack of shooters because of gear is the problem. Make it yourself = more bang for the buck :) put it where it is needed.

Again, great job gilli and robert, i think it was neat, i look forward to another.

Ulrich

Darcy <HLDarcy at HOT.rr.com> wrote:
I have been reading with great interest the replies to Gilli and Robert's Competition.

My opinion is this:  If you want different rules, then sponser your own competition.  The May 1st Challenge Shoot was a privately sponsored competition.  The rules were set by the people sponsoring it.  No one was forced to enter it.

Personally, I think the more competitions the more incentive for archers to improve.  And don't give me any B*ll about competition not being important.  If it wasn't, we wouldn't keep scores and have tourney winners.

For people who had events on the weekend of the May 1st Challange or have trouble getting the use of an archery range, those are perfectly legitimate reasons for not entering.  What about the rest of the Archers?

Darcy

http://mail.yahoo.com