[Ansteorra-archery] The Crossbow

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 05:18:54 PDT 2005

Isn't it funny how the fear we have today of being shot by an angry driver coensides with the fear a solder must have felt the first time they heard the report of a cannon charging into battle.

Or the first time a crossbow was used

Or the first time a bow was used

Or the first time new iron weapons were used.

Or the first time bronze weapons were used

Or the first time a stick was used.

Interesting stuff if you take a look at evolution and the way combat developed. That all said however - i rather be in a fire fight then facing 5000 angry people with swords and pikes. To die medieval may have been honorable - but it was a much more "violent death".

Just my opinion :)

Ulrich

Susan Hill <sueorintx at hotmail.com> wrote:
My personal opinion is that guns are too much a part of our mundane lives. I
really don't need them in my 'other' life as well. Lots of us play this game
as a bit of an escape from all the news, fears of road rage shootings, etc.
Swords, bows and arrows and the like fit much better into our 'fantasy'
lives. If you want gunnes, I suggest a black powder group.

Lyneya