[Ansteorra-archery] no Byrn Gwlad archery practice today - 5/29

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Sun May 29 12:43:36 PDT 2005

Same story only different here. We had to cancel because we couldn't get a
single shire officer to come to archery practice. Had three card carrying
marshals on hand, but you can't shoot "official scores" without a "shire officer on
site". Some of us did shoot, I even broke in a new longbow I just finished,
but with no way to possibly shoot a score, it was pretty much just an academic
exercise punching holes in paper. Reckon they all went to Steppes, and like you
said, it's a holiday weekend. Oh well, I shot an unofficial 172 with a brand
new, untested, longbow. Not too shabby for it's first turn at bat. Cost of the
six foot, forty pound draw, English longbow? Five and a half bucks ;-)

Cheers,
Robert of Yorkshire