[Ansteorra-archery] Archers Opinion? input please :)

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 22:31:42 PST 2005

  I am wondering if archers out there have an opinion about using other woods then cedar for arrows. I make shafts in the 3 woods above and its been my experiance after shooting all three woods that all of them fly the same. Cedar seems to lose on the toughness part as dougfir and ash seem to take abuse better.

  With the laws putting a tax on cedar shafts (wonder whos brillant idea that was) it seems to me that cedar - while nice - is unnessasary for a match set of target or hunting arrows.

  Whats your thoughts?

  Input please - good, bad or indifferent

  Ulrich