[Ansteorra-archery] Archer's Revel

Gilli gilli at hot.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 03:51:00 PST 2005

The turkey dinner's done.  The relatives have gone home.  Other than start pulling out the Christmas decorations, what is there to do for the weekend?  Well, if you're an Archer or want to become one, there's ARCHER'S REVEL.

As in years past, Archer's Revel will be a weekend event.  This year however, the format will be a bit different.  While NOT an SCA sponsored event, it is an SCA related subject.  The event will happen 25 - 27 November at 294 Burk Dr. Killeen, TX.  The site will open at 5 PM on Friday 25 November with soup, sandwiches and other things to eat available when you arrive.  It will close Sunday 27 November when we're done, when ever that is.

Limited camping is available (I'll take care of the ants this time).  Please let me know if you are planning on camping and your space requirements so I can pick out a spot for you.

Lots of fun things will be happening.  Lord Robert of Yorkshire will do another bow making class.  There will be several fun shoots.  Bring your combat archery stuff too.  Plus there will be thrown weapons competitions.  And, an assortment of classes will also be offered.  However, no official scores will be shot.  There will be a darts competition.   Also we'll have time at the bardic circle to enjoy tales of archery and things.

The event has evolved a bit.  There is no site fee. To take care of that we will have a raffle of a number of different items (a list to follow and more info a little later).  Please contact me privately if you wish to donate an item for the raffle.  Raffle tickets will be $2.00 each or 6 for $10 with no limit on how many you can get.

Food will have the following costs:  the full meal deal which is all the meals you eat while you are there for $7 for adults, $3 for kids 13 and under, kids 5 and under free; or ala cart at $3 per meal for adults and $1 for all children 13 and under.  Meals offered will be:  Soup and sandwiches Friday evening upon arrival, break, lunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday.  There will be a varitye of beverages available also: coffee, tea, milk, water, assorted sodas, OJ and assorted adult beverages.  Please feel free to bring your favorite beverage as well.  Please let me know if you are planning on coming so I'll have enough food.

All the money collected will be used to get SCA memberships for those who do not have one but would like to.  A raffle ticket will be given to those who want a membership.  After feast, we'll start the drawing and continue till the money runs out.   So there will be two separate raffles.  Branch affiliation will not matter for the memberships but must be present to win.

I don't expect this to be a large happening, but merchants are most welcome.

I've been unable to update the webpage.   Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused.  The information on the web site is correct except for any changes listed here.  http://home.hot.rr.com/burkhaven/

Thanks,