[Ansteorra-archery] Archers Opinion? input please :)

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 09:36:31 PST 2005

been my experiance they spine the same and while they seem to have a higher spine weight for given shaft size - tapering the shafts is a wonderful thing - and period too.

  Cost....

  Im gonna say this varies as i have to buy large boards of wood and the number of shafts per board varies with clear wood, knots, blemishes ect. There is significant savings however even with my business license and buying bulk from 3 rivers in making my own in bulk (500+ a sitting)

  I have bought (before i started making) 5/16 dowel rods by the 250 pack and spined them in sets from 25lbs to 50lbs. Infact my personal horse bow LOVES birch arrows.

  Price, tax and stuff. I am not going to talk about my web business on this open channel as thats not right to do - you know how to get intouch with me. Or wait till 2006 and see my merchant stand :)

  :)

  Ulrich

Blackmoon <ld.blackmoon at cox.net> wrote:
          GREETINGS

  >I am wondering if archers out there have an opinion about using other woods then cedar for arrows. I make shafts in the 3 woods above and its been my experiance after shooting all three woods that all of them fly the same. Cedar seems to lose on the toughness part as dougfir and ash seem to take abuse better.

  I HAVE TO WONDER IF THEY WILL HAVE THE SAME OR BETTER SPINE ?
  WOULD I HAVE TO CHANGE SHAFT SIZE , TO GET THE SAME SPINE ?
  AND WHAT IS THE WEIGHT DIFFERENCE FOR A SHAFT OF EACH WOOD ?
  ALSO, WHAT THE COST DIFFERENCE WOULD BE BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT WOODS  ? TAX INCLUDED .

  BE SAFE, BE HAPPY, HAVE FUN
  ARTHUR BLACKMOON
  I am wondering if archers out there have an opinion about using other woods then cedar for arrows. I make shafts in the 3 woods above and its been my experiance after shooting all three woods that all of them fly the same. Cedar seems to lose on the toughness part as dougfir and ash seem to take abuse better.

  With the laws putting a tax on cedar shafts (wonder whos brillant idea that was) it seems to me that cedar - while nice - is unnessasary for a match set of target or hunting arrows.

  Whats your thoughts?

  Input please - good, bad or indifferent

  Ulrich