[Ansteorra-archery] Archer's Revel

Gilli gilli at hot.rr.com
Mon Oct 3 20:38:06 PDT 2005

As in years past, Archer's Revel has been a weekend event.  This year however, the format will be a bit different.  While not an SCA sponsored event, it is an SCA related subject.  It will only be 25 - 27 November at 294 Burk Dr. Killeen, TX.  The site will open at 5 PM on Friday 25 November and closes Sunday 27 November when we're done.  Soup, sandwiches and other things to eat will be available.  Limited camping is available (I'll take care of the ants this time).

Lots of fun things will happen on Saturday.  Lord Robert of Yorkshire will do another bow making class.  There will be several fun shoots.  And, an assortment of classes will also be offered.  However, no official scores will be shot.  And oh yes adult beverages.  ;)

The event has evolved a bit.  There is no site fee. To take care of that we will have a raffle of a number of different items (a list to follow and more info a little later).  Food will have the following costs:  the full meal deal which is all the meals you are there to eat for $7 for adults and $3 for kids 13 and under, 5 and under free; or ala cart at $3 per meal for adults and $1 for all children 13 and under.  All the money collected will be used to get SCA memberships for those who do not have one but would like to.  A raffle ticket will be given to those want a membership.  After feast, we'll start the drawing and continue till the money runs out.   So there will be two separate raffles.  Branch affiliation will not matter for the memberships.

More information will be coming soon.  My computer has been down for a while.  So, I let you know when I've been able to update the webpage.