[Ansteorra-archery] Archery Mini-Tournament Sunday 9/11

brandtfamily at sprintmail.com brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:30:48 PDT 2005

On this Sunday, September the 11th, the Barony of Bryn Gwlad will hold
an archery mini-tournament. There are prizes for the winners, provided
by my household, Rose Manor. Sign up starts at 1 PM, and the tournament
starts at 2:30, and will go until 4PM, or when everyone is done
shooting. All who have crossbows are especially encouraged to compete.
The site for the tournament is at McNeil Park in Round Rock Texas. This
is the same site used for our regular Sunday archery and rapier
fighter's practices.

Adult Competition:
The adults will shoot six arrows (or bolts) per target at 20 yards
range, using their choice of bow types, with the targets being a deer,
a boar, and a standard bulls-eye target. The top three adult scorers
will select one of these three target types, which all will shoot at
for the final round. By command of his excellency the Baron, the final
round to decide the winner for the adults will be shot with the
crossbow. Two loaner crossbows and a supply of crossbow bolts will be
available.

Children's Competition (17 and under):
Children will shoot two rounds of six arrows each at a bulls-eye
target, at a range of 10 yards.  The children will compete with regular
bows.

Prizes :
For the adult champion, they will receive one dozen hand-crafted
crossbow bolts, to be fletched in the winner's choice of colors. These
will be made by HLS Jason of Rosaria.
For the children, there will be period prizes for first, second and
third place, plus the top three also will get a gift certificate for
ice cream at Maggie Moos.

Directions to site: From I-35 Northbound, take exit 256 - Chandler
Road. Stay on the access road, go just past the rest area, and the park
will be on your right side. There is a park sign at the entrance. Go
into the park, and there is a picnic shelter on the right, before you
get to the baseball fields. The area behind that picnic shelter is the
site for the competition. You may off-load in the turnaround by the
shelter, but please park in the next parking area, further into the
park.

Regards,
HLS Jason of Rosaria,
Archery Marshal - Bryn Gwlad.