[Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [Middleford] a forward from HL Gilbert Ost Westley

Gilli gilli at hot.rr.com
Thu Sep 29 10:21:24 PDT 2005

While it may be a "private" competition in that it is not sponsored by the
SCA; it is an SCA competition because it must be shot at a group sponsored
activity.

The current Keeper is VERY hard to get a hold of.  However; there is a
person in this Kingdom who has worked very closely with all three of the
Keepers including Sir John FitzRuaf, the originator of the IKAC/IKCAC.  That
person is Arcus Gilbert Ost Westley, perhaps you have heard of him  :).  I
have been doing the competition in the Kingdom since the very early 90's.
Many of the current rules in the IKAC/IKCAC are of my suggestion.

While the IKAC is a "private" competition, it is one universally used
through the Known World.

Well then support this; when Arcus Moregg, the Southern Regional Archery
Marshal came down to do our authorization cards, she said she had NO problem
with us having archery scheduled every day.  We just hadn't been able to get
past all the political crap going on down here.  Until recently, Middleford
had archery scheduled every day of the week.  Perhaps that's why Middleford
does so well in that competition?

You were overzealous on saying even if the contract thing was settled,
Burkhaven range would be unacceptable.  You have NEVER even been here, even
though you've been to a Middleford event.  I have one of the better if not
the best range in the Kingdom.

But that, and other items ( the INCIDENT among them) will be being appealed
as soon as I come off this night shift thing at work.  Tonight is the last
night for that. hopefully I'll have them in the mail early next week.

Cheers,