[Ansteorra-archery] The State of Archery

HLDarcy HLDarcy at hot.rr.com
Wed Jul 12 20:33:48 PDT 2006

THE STATE OF ARCHERY IN THE KINGDOM OF ANSTEORRA

AN OPINION

Here is my opinion on the state of Archery in Ansteorra.  You may agree or
disagree but. it is my opinion.

What I see are Archers who would rather shoot "Fun" Shoots.  It's too much
effort for them to shoot in standard competitions such as Royal Rounds or
the InterKingdom competitions. This way they also don't have to be bothered
with seeing how they compare to other archers or with defending their
Kingdom's honor in the InterKingdom competitions.

There hasn't been a new Arcus made in over TWO years.  Is there any other
Grant Level order that has gone that long without a new member that is still
viable?  The Arc d'Or is for all intents and purposes a dead order.  They
just haven't sung the dirge yet.

Frankly, I don't know why I've bothered staying on the Archery List this
long.

HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm