[Ansteorra-archery] Need input from archery marshals please :)

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 19:47:31 PDT 2006

  Greetings unto the shooting populace

  I need to get input from the archery marshals that run shoots on something.

  I have started making 5/16" and 11/32" socketed bodkins. I have seen some that allow the use of them and others that do not. I have also seen the rounded "look alike" that are sold from various sources.

  Mine are bodkins, the edges sharp and as of recently i put one through .121 inch thick steel plate shot from a heavy (450lb) crossbow. Penetration is not a concern as i make them from 40gr to 170gr.

  The question is, IF the edges are rounded and do not carry a cutting edge - would these be allowed on the target field? I am assuming that the reason some marshals (with good cause) stop the use is the worry they will cut the bindings on the butts.

  I ask as i will be starting to add these to my line and want to make sure i give sound advice to potential owners before they hit the field and are turned back.

  Thanks in advance for the input :)

  Lord Ulrich Von Carolingia
  House FalconRose Crossbowman and Bowyer