[Ansteorra-archery] membership-QUESTION

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 21:41:18 PDT 2006

NOT renewing either

  I wrote out a reasoning for this, but rather then being "Ulrich" and voicing my opinion that will be construed as mouthing off - i will just say ditto to what Fergus said and leave well enough alone.

  "it is no longer fun. Too much red tape, too many arguments, too many people
trying to be a boss by forcing everyone to obey their interpretation of the
rules."

  Paying the 3 extra is fine for me......

  Ulrich and Mea

  (oh yes.....  mea is still here and together...... We celebrated our 3rd year of marriage and 9 years of being together recently - (you know who you are))

Ferguson <ferg620 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
  NOT RENEWING SCA MEMBERSHIPS.

Interesting. Most of Dragon Tower's members have not renewed their SCA
membership. Only 2-3 (out of about 30) renewed. Most concentrate on
renaissance events, a few concentrate on 3-D and field archery tournaments.
Including myself.

It appears that the SCA national has been taken over by inexperienced
lawyers. Not knowing how to deal with new liability issues, they just keep
passing more rules and regulations hoping that something will work. Kingdom
and local officers must interpret and enforce those rules. The end result
is a total mess.

When I asked our members why they were leaving SCA, most answered that it is
no longer fun. Too much red tape, too many arguments, too many people
trying to be a boss by forcing everyone to obey their interpretation of the
rules. Renaissance events don't do that, they are just for fun. That's the
way we like it.

I will still attend one or two SCA events a year, big deal, it costs me $3
extra.

Your situation is different, but wanted you to know you are not alone.

Fergus d'Onray