[Ansteorra-archery] [SCA-MissileCombat] 40th anniversary (fwd)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Mar 28 09:41:58 PST 2006

A little trivia for those planning archery related activities.
-Pug

----- Forwarded message from John edgerton <sirjon1 at pacbell.net> -----

Not only is the SCA's 40th anniversary coming up in May.  But on
September 25 1966, the first archery competition  in the society was
held at the Third tourney in the West.  So the anniversary of that
event is about six months away.  There was archery at the Second
Tourney on June 25, 1966, but no competitions as such.

So, with this information in mind, anyone holding a archery competition
around that time might consider doing something to commemorate the
historic event. ;-)  I hope to have another coin made by then, with
that theme.

The first combat archery was on July 29 1967 at the first war in the
society, so its anniversary is next year.  I missed that one, but did
get to fight at the second war in 1968.

Please pass this information on to your local archery lists.

Jon

Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, O.L., O.P., West, Mists, Esfenn
An Archer must be: Keen of eye, steady of hand, fleet of foot and
cunning of mind.

----- End forwarded message -----