[Ansteorra-archery] crossbows

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 21:05:50 PDT 2006

As said, depends on the marshal in charge and to some extent the bow shooters present. As a crossbow shooter i have been declined multi times - usually due to the lack of other crossbows on the line to shoot against - fair enough.

  Some feel that crossbows need to be handicapped against archers due to the accuracy of the crossbow, others are impartial. This is upto the marshal to determine -  As an average crossbow shooter can wreck havoc on the overall moral of an otherwise decent shoot amoung the bow shooters.

  In recent times people have done period shoots where period weapons like longbows and crossbows are welcome, but again you have to make sure other crossbows show up.

  My suggestion would be to make sure other crossbows are at the event you plan to shoot at and ask the marshal in charge before you go the exact rules... OR plan to shoot a bow. If your planning on shooting at warlord look House Falcon Rose up, they have about 10 crossbows shooters this season and im pretty sure some will have thier crossbows at event, im sure they would be happy to have you shoot with them =)

  Cheers

  David

"tiggerthistle at netzero.net" <tiggerthistle at netzero.net> wrote:
    The use of crossbows are allowed depending on the choice of the marshal in charge of the event which you are shooting.  Some say yes and some say no.
  Lady Vivian McKinnon
  Archery Marshal
  Shire of Loch Ruadh

-- Lord EinarR Ragnarson <einarragnarson at yahoo.com> wrote:
I am new to this list. Are crossbows allowed at
archery competition? Or are there maybe separate
competitions for them?

"Honour es le Vie"

Lord EinarR Ragnarson