[Ansteorra-archery] Beltane Titled Archery Competition

Lance huntsmanlance at cox.net
Mon May 8 09:52:53 PDT 2006

Greetings All! The competition was a very enjoyable one!!!….even though the
weather didn’t fully cooperate….there was a light rain and some "wading"
through the mud…..but then again what would a medieval competition be
without proper good ole English weather?

Thanks to all who braved the weather and participated!!! I really enjoyed
this past year being the Titled Archer and am proud that the award went to
an archer who showed great skill indeed! Karl Thorgerson is our new Titled
Archer…..congratulations on your achievement!!! Matthew MacEwin really stood
out with his scores on the Youth Archery Competition…..Congratulations and
may you continue to keep shooting!!! It was very nice to see how many people
came out to shoot….and even more rewarding on how many young archers were
excited to participate because they are the ones who will continue on our
tradition when we are all to old to bend a bow!

Special thanks need to go out to many people…

Arthur Blackmoon for taking time to come down and oversee everything. Bianca
(me lovely wife) for being the Archery Marshall for the Titled Archer, Ian
MacEwin for Marshalling the Youth Archery Competition, Darius and Haltur for
all their help with getting hay bales!!! And the French Knight Pierrepin De
Cushion who accepted to be our target…. :)

Lance