[Ansteorra-archery] Thought i'd share - goatsfoot Xbow 380/450lb est

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 21:13:16 PDT 2006

Thanks robert,

  This bow is very forgiving, it is a sweet shooter and while it lets you know it fired with a push and some noise i would feel comfortable letting anyone shoot it. If you want to i'm sure we can arrange it :)

  I am figuring that it is producing 2400 to 2900 in/lbs of energy compared to my target bow used last year producing 825 in/lbs. Long range on it is in excess of 220yards and it is set for a point blank range of 65 yards. Altho this is no target bow - it tires me out after about 15 shots it is a BLAST to shoot and DEADLY accurate to boot.

  Still adding a few things to it, but it fires and your welcome to fire it :) Watch for the 1300+ lb crank bow. When i start adding it to my site i will shoot ya a link (no pun intended) :P

  Ulrich

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com wrote:
      Nice piece of work, awesome crossbow! In truth I'd be nervous about cocking it, much less shooting something generating that much energy. Still, I might just have to pop up to Scarborough and check it out.

  Cheers,
  Robert of Yorkshire