[Ansteorra-archery] Anybody ever use figured wood in a selfbow?

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 21:12:39 PST 2006

  I got some high figure hickory yesterday - never had seen that type of hickory before yesterday. I have made hickory self bows but never used figured wood in self bows..

  Anyone know or had experiance with figured wood in a self bow? I plan on keeping it under 50# to avoid having to back the bow, and the grain is very straight. I have used figured wood in bow laminations and that works great - but this has me puzzled and i hate to waste it.

  Thanks

  David/Ulrich