[Ansteorra-archery] Combat archery tournament this weekend at Bryn Gwlad...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Oct 24 14:27:19 PDT 2006

Good Morning,

  I'd like to make sure that the combat archery community is aware and clear
on the tournament this coming weekend. I'm sorry that this has not been more
widely communicated and/or understood.

  There are some that thought this was a target archery tournament, but it
is not.

  The tournament at Bryn Gwlad's Fall Hunt is a *combat archery* tournament.
It will be done by those authorized for armored combat archery. It will be
done shooting at live combatants who will be different 'animals'. It will be
done with combat legal equipment - armor, bows and ammo.

  The barony has gone to every measure to make sure this is done legally and
will be a lot of fun. We're hoping that it will set an example for others to
follow. I hope that those that can will attend and participate since the
more combat archers that attend, the more fun it will be for those
participating and for those watching since it will be on the main
battlefield.

  I'm sorry if you are one of the people just not understanding this and
being told this late hinders your travel plans.

Ciao,

Pug