[Ansteorra-archery] BG Archery Practice 8/26 - Heat Advisory

brandtfamily at sprintmail.com brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
Sun Aug 26 09:23:15 PDT 2007

Hello all,

There is some concern that the heat index today may be too high for
people to safely go out to the range and practice archery this
afternoon. Our scheduled baronial target archery practice is from 2 to
4 in the afternoon today. At this point, I will still be going out to
the range, but I will recommend that each person should consider their
own heat tolerance, and if you DO come out, bring plenty of water and
stay hydrated.

The current NOAA weather forecast for today has an "apparent
temperature", factoring in the heat and the humidity, of 100 degrees or
a little higher at the time of our practice.

The range is at Twin Lakes Park, just North of Lakeline Mall in Austin
Texas.

Directions from Austin: Get on HWY 183 Northbound, and head toward
Lakeline Mall. Take the last toll-free exit, just before 183 becomes a
"TX-Tag Only" toll road. That should be Lakeline Mall Blvd. On that
exit ramp, stay in the rightmost of the two lanes on the ramp. Remain
in that lane, on the access road, through the next two traffic lights.
As soon as the lane to the left of you merges with the one you are in,
and then widens out again, move one lane left. At the next light, Avery
Ranch Road, the left two lanes of the access road go back onto the toll
road, and the left two lanes turn left and go under the toll road. Go
under the toll road, and one block later you get to the traffic light
for "Old 183". Turn right onto old 183, and one block later turn right
into what looks like a construction entrance. This is the South
entrance to Twin Lakes Park. Follow that road, and as you come into
sight of the lakes, you'll see the range on the right. Parking is
across the road from the range.

HLS Jason of Rosaria,
BG Target Archery Marshal