[Ansteorra-archery] Archery at Gates Edge Caribbee!!

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Aug 20 14:04:32 PDT 2007

Harry Bilings wrote:
> If the Archer chouse to use Rapier can they also use rapier leagle
> arrows?

Yes, in fact they MUST use rapier legal arrows.

For any CA rounds they archer will need to wear an Ansteorran  field
legal armor combination of headgear (minus coif) and handgear and be
using Ansteorran field legal bows and ammo suitable for the armor they
are wearing.

For most archers choosing the rapier route that will mean a mask and
leather gloves used with max 30# bows or 600 IP crossbows and ammo with
1" padded UHMW cored blunts.  No APDs required, Baldar blunts not allowed.

For most people choosing the armored route that means a helm and leather
gloves with half gantlets used with max 30# bows or 600 IP crossbows and
ammo of their choice.  APDs are REQUIRED, Baldar blunts are ALLOWED.

If someone wishes to use Tube and Tennis ball ammo then that's fine with us.

None of this should be surprising or new to any archers as it is the
same requirements we have used in Gates Edge for the past several years,
it is the same requirements that we have held for the Royal Huntsman
tournament for the past several years, and it is basic IKCAC requirements.

-EA