[Ansteorra-archery] Target Archery at the Battle of Three Kings

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:20:04 PDT 2007

To the Archers of Ansteorra do I send Greetings!
The time draws nigh. The Battle of Three Kings is but a few short weeks away. Which King shall you shoot for?  My name is Lady Lyneya de Grey, and it is my privilege to be running the Target Archery Competition for Rosenfeld's Battle of Three Kings. This year's format will be much as it has been in the past. There will be several stations at the firing line that can be shot all at once, or can be shot at intervals during the day if the archer is also participating in the melees. So long as the archer has either completed the shoot or is in the process of completing it at 4 p.m., their scores will be good. If an archer has not completed the shoot in order to participate in other activities and does not return by 4 p.m., their incomplete score will not be tallied. There will not be any loaner gear available. Anyone may shoot at the course, but only the members of the teams of the Three Kings will be considered for score. The Archer with the highest score among the 30 total eligible archers will be declared the Winner and the War Point will go to his/her King. Archers on the teams of the Kings will have priority at the stations. If you have not offered your services to one of the three Kings, William of Normandy (Duke Inman), Harald Hardrada (Baron Ainar Magnusson), or Harold Godwinson (Master Godwin Alfricson), please do so post haste. Time is of the essence. Preliminary team lists are due to me on Oct. 27.

We are going to have a fun shoot with some new targets. Maybe you will even get to shoot a charging enemy.

I look forward to seeing you on the range.

Respectfully,

Lady Lyneya de Grey, KAA
Target Archery Marshal in Charge
Battle of the Three Kings