[Ansteorra-archery] Archery at Bryn-gwlad Fall Baronial event

Patrick R tex_yankee2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 09:52:14 PDT 2007

Yes there will be archery at the Bryn gwlad fall Baronial event happening the weekend of 29 September. Since we were a late addition to the event we have decided to be very flexible in the timing of the event. There will be a morning as well as an afternoon time block. Archers may sign up for the time that is best for them as well as split their shooting times in order to accommodate your other activities. You will not be held to the time you sign up for, rather it is an attempt to let you know how busy we will be at that time. Since the range will be open for an extended period of time, you are more than welcome to come spend some hours with us if you don’t have other plans. The range will be open if you just want to come and practice or socialize. Just be considerate of the people who are competing and let them get their shoots in. This is the perfect chance to work on your skills if you wish to compete or not. Have a new friend that may be interested in archery, bring
 them along, as this is a good chance to have some fun and show them what target archery is all about. Even if you can’t find your longbow or crossbow, you are always welcome to borrow mine.

  Our friends from Kee’s Tradition will be at this event if you are in need of any new supplies. I don’t want to hear “I could not shoot since my string is lost or broken and I can’t get another in time”.

  Archers may shoot during the morning or afternoon block, or split their
  rounds between the two, as they prefer. The winner will be determined
  by comparison of total points earned. Each competitor will fire:
  • one round of 6 shots at a five-color bull’s-eye (crossbowmen from
  25 yards, users of longbows and recurve bows from 20), receiving
  1 point for each hit to the outer ring, 2 for the ring just inside that,
  etc., up to 5 points for a center hit,
  • one round of 6 shots at a paper game-animal target (at the same
  range as the bull’s-eye shots), receiving 10 points for each heart
  shot, 8 points for each lung shot, and 5 points for each hit
  anywhere else on the animal,
  • one round of 6 shots at the archer’s choice of any or all of a row of
  apples mounted on stakes at a range of 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25
  yards, respectively, receiving 1 point for hitting the apple at 5
  yards, 3 at 10, 5 at 15, 8 at 20, and 10 at 25,
  • one round of 6 shots at the archer’s choice of any or all of the
  targets representing small animals that will be positioned at the
  bases of the apple stakes (smaller targets at the nearer, larger at
  the farther stakes), receiving 1 point for hitting the target at a range
  of 5 yards, 3 at 10, 5 at 15, 8 at 20, and 10 at 25
  If a tie-breaker round is required, it will consist of 6 shots at the bull’s-eye
  target.

  Hope to see you at the event
  Dante