[Ansteorra-archery] Changing glue

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:03:55 PDT 2008

The Company of St. Sebastian is recommending Welder, which is available at Wal-Mart and Hardware stores. We like the Wal-Mart package (its a silver tube) because the opening is smaller and handier. It is not thick like Goop making venting unnecessary and sets in hours, not days. I used some on my new arrows for War and they all passed and had no failures during war unlike my newly 'Goop'ed arrows that cured for at least 10 days. HL Eadric will tell you we tried to bust all the APDs that he glued to shafts and that Welder was the only one we couldn't break off. And we tried.

Of course we aren't seeing performance over months yet, but I'd go with the Welder.

Lord Engenulf de Vienville
Company of St. Sebastian