[Ansteorra-archery] Changing glue

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Apr 1 08:02:26 PDT 2008

> GOOP or E6000 are still pretty much the standard glues used and seem to
> work well if ya put em on right.  Vent the Asgard APD's, clean up and
> rough up the inside of the APDs, clean up and rough up the shafts.  Let
> the glue dry for a week+ before using em, mebbe longer if it is cold.

> I used Marine GOOP, E6000, Bond 527, and "Welder".

Good Morning,

  After Gulf War, I am looking to use something besides E6000 for the
Classic Baldar Blunts. I've been using E6000 for years with the Asgard APDs
and used it with the egg shaped heads with great success. I had two batches
of bolts that were used of which some had been glued for more than 2 weeks
and some had only been a couple days. Unfortunately almost all of these
failed after one use. I'm not sure what is different, but this is an
unacceptable rate of failure given the extremely high rate of failure.

  I've still had less than a couple percent failure with the Asgard APDs,
but I don't see a need to have two glues so I'm looking to find something
that works well with both the head and the APD.

  What have people been using with the new Classic Baldar Blunts with good
results?

Ciao,

Master Phelim Gervase called Pug
Dark Horde Moritu - Ansteorra