[Ansteorra-archery] Combat Archery

Marlin and Amanda Stout ldcharles at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 22 05:23:12 PDT 2008

Diane Taylor wrote:
> Actually, I am already an authorized fighter, plus I have a target archery authorization.  :D
>
> I fight mostly in Wars, but I do know my way around a field.  It's just getting to know the details of Authorization for Combat Archery.

If you're an authorized heavy (or rapier) fighter, the CA authorization
is farily simple.

You need to be familiar with the rules on weapon and ammo construction,
and on what armor is required for a missile combatant. mainly, which
hand armor is required.

You need to know the rules of engagement for CA, as well as the minimum
ranges (10' at Gulf War, 'clear the bow' here.)

Then you need to find some local melees where you can get practice, then
get authorized at a melee event or official practice.

You already know the armor standards, rules of the list and general
safety stuff from being an authorized fighter. Adding CA is kind of like
adding fiberglass spear: You just need to learn the new stuff so you can
authorize.

The tricky part is finding an authorizing marshal: there aren't that
many of us. What part of the kingdom do you live in? Maybe whoever's
closest to you can contact you.