[Ansteorra-archery] "Re: Contents of Ansteorra-archery digest...Rules Change

Glenn Long debbnglenn at centurytel.net
Tue Aug 12 15:36:30 PDT 2008

"Re: Contents of Ansteorra-archery digest...Rules Change"

I will say one thing about this rule change....it's probably a good
thing.
Gulf Wars before last I shot an arrow that penetrated the grill of a
Trimararis Fighter. It was a horrible feeling for a few minutes there. I
had all kinds of bad feelings for a moment. I thought for sure a bad
arrow had passed but all my arrows we re-inspected and passed again. The
UMHW did its jobs and stopped the arrow at the plastic. But that foam
was really close to his eye. It threw dirt into his eye which made him
think he had been hit in the eye. My first thought was to increase the
size of the UMHW and simply keep making the arrows the same way but with
a larger cross section. Would that be too heavy? I have since been
gradually converting to old Baldars when I can afford it. They are
almost worry free at time of inspection.

My .02 cents
Reinhardt Stahlhelm

but we all know about Murphy's Law.   I say we keep it simple since
timely in the SCA is difficult enough without adding a job of sisyphean
proportions like that.  For me, as a marshal I plan on bringing out a
piece of wood with a 1.5 inch hole drilled 1.0 inches deep, and a slot
in the side 1.5 inches across.

I think the main issue we are going to have is what are we going to
allow for tolerance.  Are we going to allow for 1/8" of variance or
what?  More or less?  I can see this getting ugly quick.

Karl Thorgeirsson <<<<<<<