[Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorra-archery Digest, Vol 27, Issue 40

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Aug 19 10:14:18 PDT 2008

lady vara wrote:
> I've been out of the archery loop.  Does this change affect Baldar
> Blunts at all?
>
> Vara

THIS most recent ruling that we are discussing now has no effect on
Baldar Blunts  but there was another ruling this summer that did effect
Baldar Blunts.

 From this page:
http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/archery/index.html

You can get to this document:
http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/archery/baldar_blunt.pdf

Basically you need to look at all your Baldar Blunts.  If they are two
color blunts then you are unaffected and good to go.

If your Baldar Blunts are all one black/grey color then you need to
examine them carefully.  If they are clearly a 2 piece blunt with the
rounded face and the base cast separately there will be a parting line
visible and these blunts are also safe and good to go.

If they are a single piece casting of a black/grey material with no
visible parting line then they are unsafe  and banned from use.

Archers inspect all your one color Baldar Blunts carefully.  Marshals,
be extra vigilant when inspecting them.

Regards,

-EA