[Ansteorra-archery] speaking of crossobow repairs...

Danny Miller dannym at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 00:53:03 PDT 2008

About how many shots do you think you're getting on those nuts?  That's
what, the 80 lb draw model?

Delrin or UHMW are both tough but low-friction materials.  The size and
shape of the tickler's contact surface would make a huge difference
too.  I mean if they started with a small rod stock for the tickler, not
only is the holding psi many times greater than a wider section could
potentially be but also as it moves away towards the instant of release
the rod cross section thins out very small , psi increases and chips off
a middle of the edge of the nut each time as it goes past.

Oznog