[Ansteorra-archery] Archers Tassels

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Aug 14 15:58:04 PDT 2008

Traditionally the are made of woolen yarn and used to wipe the much off
your arrows.  Many English archery societies use a Tassel Ranking system.
http://www.yorkshirearchery.co.uk/PBClassClout.html

To a google search for "Tassel Making" and you'll find lots of instructions.
Maybe start here.
http://archery.outlands.org/ArticlesResources/BasicTasselMaking/tabid/327/Default.aspx

As for what they look like.  Here are some pictures of the Yeoman of the
Guard and you can see their tassels which are a standard and required
part of their uniform
http://www.yeomenoftheguard.com/company_of_archers.htm

Here is a picture of some SCA archer tassels
http://www.kellswood.com/krafts/leatherwork.php

Here is a picture of tassels sold at a UK archery supplier.
http://www.quicksarchery.co.uk/superbasket/product.php?product=1086

-EA