[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra-missile] New Archer Prepping for war

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Feb 28 05:51:39 PST 2008

This is the same procedure I've been following as well. When we were working
on simplifying rules and authorizations, I only had one Knight question a
'combat archer' not having a full armored combat authorization first. After
we talked about the procedure and the inclusion of the AC marshal for rules
of the list, accepting and acknowledging different kinds of blows, and
general safety, and what not, the Knight withdrew his concern.

That being said, it is much easier for someone already authorized as an
armored combatant to become a missile combatant ("Combat archer") since some
of the hardest parts of the authorization are already out of the way.

Ciao,

Pug

Note the properly authorized under Society and Kingdom procedures.  Unless
there has been a change, Missile Combat authorizations have been handled be
the MC authorizing marshals.  Not sure about others but down this way it
means having their armour and the ability to recognize a good blow done by a
very experienced or authorizing Armoured Combat marshal then the MC marshal
takes care of the rest to include the paperwork.  None were ever required to
do a full AC authorization unless they wanted to do so.  I have done this
with several regional marshals, knights and centurions.  Been doing this
under the last three Earl Marshal's to include in front of all three and
never had a complaint or word about how I have done them.  Never had one of
my authorizations rejected that I know off.  Does it need to be clarified in
the rules, most likely but currently nothing says really how to do it but to
follow established procedures.