[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Feb 5 09:38:02 PST 2008

Greg Coffman (baroniago at earthlink.net) said something that sounded like:
> Master Pug defeated HL Leofwine in the final round.
>
> The tournament went great. The weather was clear and beautiful.

Thank you for posting this. I'd like to add a few more items from the
day.

The day was phenomenal with overcast and sun depending on the time and a
gusty winds. We had a few ties throughout the day. We had 16 archers in
attendance and His Majesty Aaron personally shot any bye, and I'm sorry
we didn't provide him more opportunities to shoot on this day.

There were a couple spectacular rounds, including most spectacularly HL
Leowfine and Baron Duncan (of the unspellable name of Namron) who both
shot the varmint between the King's deer's legs with all 6 arrows and
tied with 5 in the 2 point ring and 1 outside of the ring. This was one
dead varmint and a most joyful crowd for getting to witness it.

One of the more difficult twists for the archers that his Majesty
brought forth was to have the archers firing while walking down the line.
This definitely brought a new aspect to the shoot and made it difficult
for folks to adjust making it more challenging.

As has been posted, about midway through the tournament Leofwine was
inducted into the Order of the Arc d'Or after proving himself worthy for
many years and showing it during every round of this day.

Other awards given that day were Baron Duncan and Gavin the Younger were
given King's Archer for their skill on the range.

For the final round, His Majesty had the period round taken back further
than any of the other shoots had been that day. Unfortunately for me, I
had one loss at this point while HL Leofwine was undefeated. Fortunately
for me, I was able to come out victorious over a very skilled opponent
and will try to represent the archery community well as Their Majesties'
Huntsman.

Ciao,
Pug