[Ansteorra-archery] Archery Practice this Sat Feb. 9.

jack spinks jlspinks at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 5 16:10:37 PST 2008

It should make little difference whether it is period or standard target at these levels.  In order to score in the upper echelon you HAVE to be consistently hitting the 4 point area of the target which is the same size regardless of period or FITA.   And if you are doing that you will occassionally hit the 8 point area as well which should boost your score accordingly.  HL Ironwyrm and I went through that comparision some years ago and it does make a difference at the lower ranking levels but little difference in the higher scoring ranges.

  Key, of course, is to have your equipment in good shape and to have a good set of arrows and practice, practice, practice.   Right now my bow is the only  thing in good shape, I am badly out of practice and my arrows are the remains of three or four different sets with barely enough to shoot a full IKAC if I do not lose or break any.  I will be making new ones very shortly, needless to say.

  I know what I can do with a recurve and am still trying to master the horsebow.  Anyone else shooting horsebow?

  HL Jaque the Spink

Leofwine <dragonlaw1 at nww.net> wrote:
  Then we will have to raise that bar. I take up the challenge. On both open
and period longbows. Means a lot of practice with period though....

Leofwine