[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra-missile] New Archer Prepping for war

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 12:43:28 PST 2008

That's pretty much been the way of it.  TW Marshals are akin to Target
Archery Marshals, using live weapons at designated ranges.  As long as
I've been a TW marshal though, there's been a descriptive section on
Class Four Thrown Weapons (for use in combat), yet it's been seldom used
by TW marshals.  That said, I don't think we're necessarily in need of
Combat TW Marshals.  There's few enough regular TW Marshals.  If the
Earl Marshal is happy with chiv marshals (or a subset of chiv marshals)
governing combat thrown weapons, that's certainly within his authority
and I'll back him on it as long as everyone is playing safely.  We're
all deputies to the Earl Marshal anyway....and it's one less report for
me to fill out. :)

I do vaguely recall reading over the construction guide for thrust and
throw javelins, though I can't remember if I did that out of personal
interest or if I was asked to review them.  I still need to make some of
them though.  I think I'd have a lot of fun with a dozen or so of them
on the field. >:-)

Alden