[Ansteorra-archery] [Ansteorra-missile] New Archer Prepping for war

John Moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Wed Feb 27 21:19:49 PST 2008

About all I could find on requiring a Armored Combat authorization for
Missile Combat.

I. Rules of the List
Ansteorra requires that all combatants adhere to the Rules of the Lists
described in Section II of
the SCA Marshal's Handbook with only the following changes:
Section 11 - I.B.2 { No person shall participate in Official
Combat-Related Activities
(including armored combat, period fencing, and combat archery) outside
of formal training
sessions unless they have been properly authorized under Society and
Kingdom procedures
until he or she has been properly authorized under Society and Kingdom
procedures,
and has signed the appropriate waiver. In witness whereof, the
participant will have,
and be prepared to present to the Crown or Their representative, a valid
Authorization Card.}
No one under the age of sixteen (16) years will be allowed to be a
participant in any
SCA Adult Combat Activity within the Kingdom of Ansteorra. Minors aged 6
-- 17 can
participate in Youth Boffer Combat. Minors aged 12 -- 17 may participate
in Youth
Rapier Combat. Minors ages 16 -- 17 may participate in Youth Chivalric
Combat.
Minors aged 16 -- 17 may petition to participant in Adult Chivalric or
Rapier Combat
following the procedures listed in the appropriate sections of this
document.

Note the properly authorized under Society and Kingdom procedures.
Unless there has been a change, Missile Combat authorizations have been
handled be the MC authorizing marshals.  Not sure about others but down
this way it means having their armour and the ability to recognize a
good blow done by a very experienced or authorizing Armoured Combat
marshal then the MC marshal takes care of the rest to include the
paperwork.  None were ever required to do a full AC authorization unless
they wanted to do so.  I have done this with several regional marshals,
knights and centurions.  Been doing this under the last three Earl
Marshal's to include in front of all three and never had a complaint or
word about how I have done them.  Never had one of my authorizations
rejected that I know off.  Does it need to be clarified in the rules,
most likely but currently nothing says really how to do it but to follow
established procedures.

Iaen