[Ansteorra-archery] CA Authorizations At GW

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Feb 28 13:50:08 PST 2008

Authorizations are not allowed at War.  This has been an agreement the
principle kingdoms have had for a number of years.  It used to be that
the marshals were having a hard time getting anything done at war or
getting any rest because of all the people begging for authorizations.
And as you would expect that meant that there were a lot of rushed
authorizations that didn't get the attention they deserved.

Note on this page

http://www.gulfwars.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=83
<http://www.gulfwars.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=83>

NO AUTHORIZATIONS WILL BE PERFORMED AT THE WAR.    is in all caps about
2/3 the way down the page.

Unless he can get to someplace in the next week or so where the
authorizations can be done I think he is outa luck until after war.
Remember also that authorizations have to be performed at official SCA
activities and not at some random back yard practice.

There are some Non war point battles at war that include CA.  Such as
friendship Fort Battle at 11AM on Tuesday or the the Archers Only
friendship Battle at 12:30 on Wed that we could use as training
exercises to observe him.  These are small battles that stay in control
and are good opportunities for that.  After watching him at those
battles you could decide if you needed any more time with him and
authorize him after you got back home.  The authorization would need to
be dated after war and he should not participate in any of the War point
battles based on any supposed authorization gained through that
training/observation at war.

Regards,

-EA