[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds and IKAC

Colin MacNachtan colin at mccr.org
Thu Jan 17 13:11:04 PST 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Ulf Gunnarsson wrote:
> You know, I can accept (now) that I am a decent shot.  But there is NO
> WAY that I should be fifth ranking archer for Ansteorra on the Open Bow
> IKAC standings!  What happened last year, people?

I have only been active in the archer community for about a year and a half,
so I consider myself a newcomer.  I live in Bryn Gwlad and regularly go to
archery tournaments at events within about a 4-5 hour drive.  In that time I
have participated in one Royal Round and watched another due to a broken bow.
I have never seen an IKAC or heard of one being done anywhere in my vicinity.

Here in Bryn Gwlad we do have archery practice every week, but the practice
range is not large enough for 40 yard targets, and is not really suitable for
30 yards.  Most of the tournaments I have been to show a disdain for FITA
tagets or, indeed, any circular target.  While the variety is fun, I have
been disappointed that I have not had a way to measure my relative standing
in the larger archery community.

Colin