[Ansteorra-archery] advice for 3 kings'

Charlie einarragnarson at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 08:49:45 PDT 2008

Honourable Lady,

I am the Captain of Archers for the Shire of Nahrun in the Outlands as well as being a deputy Equestrian Marshall for the same group; I'm not sure why I got this e-mail, but I have a possible answer for you.

Talk to your local equestrians about this. They are doing mounted archery in Ansteorra, and may be doing chariot/cart archery somewhere there as well. One thing I do know is that cross bows are not allowed in either format because of the safety issue. There is also a maximum draw weight of 35# mandated by Corpora where mounted archery is concerned. So long as horses aren't involved you don't have to abide by either restriction where Corpora is concerned, but I would advise against cross bows anyway.

Jostling is not an issue where bows are concerned because the archer doesn't draw until just before firing. However, the nature of a cross bow means that it must be ready to fire before beginning a run, and tests here have shown that bolts do tend to bounce loose on occasion.

I have courtesy copied this to both your KEO and mine in case they may be able to help you further.

Good luck with it if you are able to go ahead.

YIS

yr Arglwydd Rhys y Bwyall ap Dafydd

"Gwna ai gwna mo! Mae na brofi!"