[Ansteorra-archery] Bryn Gwlad Archery practice suspended, pending new marshal

brandtfamily at sprintmail.com brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:32:01 PDT 2008

To all who have attended the Bryn Gwlad archery practice, this is to
notify you officially that as of today, the Bryn Gwlad Sunday archery
practice sessions are suspended, until we have a new marshal for
Target Archery for the barony.

I announced my intention to step down as Target Archery Marshal in
January, and for two months we had applications for the post open. We
had no applicants. For another month and more after that, I kept the
range open, hoping someone else would step forward. We had one person
express some interest, but I still haven't seen a formal application
for the post from him.

At last month's Baronial business meeting, I announced that I will be
turning in the Baronial archery gear at the end of the month. That
time has come.

We can resume having official archery practice sessions once the
Barony has a new marshal who agrees to supervise the range. Once they
are approved by the Baron, Baroness, and the Kingdom Archery marshal,
they can get the gear from the Baronial storage shed, where I will be
dropping it off this next week.

I would like to remind the archery community that while the official
practice may be suspended, that the Twin Lakes Park archery range is
still a public park. Individuals can still bring their own gear and
targets and practice on their own.

It has been a pleasure to support the archery community in Bryn Gwlad
for the last several years. It's a fine group of people. But I must
attend to other matters now, and step down.

Fare the well, and good aim to you all.

HLS Jason of Rosaria,
Former Target Archery Marshal for the Barony of Bryn Gwlad