[Ansteorra-archery] Ticks and Mosquitoes

Lawrence huntsmanlance at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 13:07:48 PDT 2008

Greetings all,

I just wanted to let everyone know about a product that really works to keep
these nasty buggers off of you..and without the smell of Off.

I was told about it by traditional hunters and after using it I havent had a
tick on me since. It is made by Repel and is called Permanone. It not only
repels ticks and mosquitoes it will actually kill them if they get on your
clothes for any length of time..without any smell !

You spray it on any clothing, shoes and such and let it dry for at least 2
hours before wearing. It says it will last through two or three washings
before having to be reapplied but I always spray it on before any event. I
have sprayed it on all different kinds of materials and havent noticed it
hurting the color and such but if you have a really fancy garment I would
definitely test it first.

You must not spray it on your skin !!! I had someone mistake it for the
normal can of Off and they sprayed it right on their skin..and very quickly
started feeling sick.

It is sold at any outdoor store and walmarts in the section with the other
sprays. It is a bit expensive but really worth it.

I even spray all of the rugs that we put down in our camp just to keep any
of these away.

Another thing that really works well to repel mosquitoes is called
Thermocell. It doesn't have an odor, and will create a barrier 15' around
you. It comes in two different designs. One that you strap on your belt or
such so you can walk around and one that you put on your table in camp.
These were tested by the hunters in Louisiana where the skeeters are
horrible and really work.

I hope this helps,
Lawrence